By Whitney English
These sweet cherry mini pancakes are vegan, made with whole grains, and topped with a delicious, healthy cherry chia sauce. Better yet, they provide many benefits for the brain.
Evidence-Based Nutrition Benefits of Sweet Cherries:
- Phytochemicals known as anthocyanins in cherries have been shown to interfere with inflammatory pathways, which may help reduce heart disease risk and improve brain and visual functioning.
- Anthocyanins may also protect brain health and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
- Studies show that anthocyanins from cherries may help improve memory in older adults with mild to moderate dementia.
- Cherries contain tryptophan, serotonin, and melatonin which interact with phenolic acids to help regulate sleep cycles.
- Serotonin in cherries may help to decrease stress, anxiety, and cortisol levels, and improve mood
Get the recipe and learn even more health benefits of sweet cherries, here.