by Talia Pollock
I believe that we all have the power to bring whatever we want into our life. Call it manifesting or call it picking your own toppings, and call this an inspirational blurb or a recipe intro, but this pizza is both a spiritual and a scrumptious experience that everyone can customize to achieve their wildest pizza-craving dreams without infringing on your pizza-craving dreams.
Why It’s Brain Healthy: This recipe is made with chickpea flour. Chickpeas contains choline, an ingredient known to help with brain and nervous system function
Serves 2 (Or halve or double this)
- 11/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional
- but yum)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- (optional but yum)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin
- olive oil
SUGGESTED (OPTIONAL) TOPPINGS
- Tomato sauce (from a jar)
- Dairy or nondairy cheese of your preference
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium or large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, onion powder (if using), garlic powder (if using), olive oil, and 1 cup water.
- If you want to make two single-serving pizzas, take the smallest baking tray you have and line it with parchment paper. If you don’t have a small baking tray, just use what you have, which might mean one double-serving pizza on your larger baking tray (also lined with parchment). No prob, everyone can still customize their half.
- Spread the batter (which will be wet, not pliable like normal dough) out on your parchment paper and use a spatula to level it out so it’s as even as you can make it.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
NOTE: Read the tomato sauce jar label! Don’t buy one that snuck sugar in there—you’re sweet enough already.
Excerpted from Party in Your Plants by Talia Pollock with permission of Avery, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © Talia Pollock, 2020.