BY CHEF KATIE CHIN
This is an easy, flavorful, clean and healthy salmon recipe bursting with flavor. It’s a crowd-pleasing recipe for your next BBQ loved by kids and adults alike. I like to pair it with Chinese Chicken Salad or Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles.
Serves 4 as part of a multi-course meal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1½ lbs (750 g) salmon fillet
- MARINADE: Whisk the marinade ingredients in a small bowl until blended. Pour half of the marinade over the salmon, turning until covered. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place the remaining marinade in a small sauce over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 14 minutes or until the marinade forms a glaze.
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove salmon from the grill. Transfer to a platter and brush glaze over the salmon. Serve immediately with hot steaming rice.
This recipe is from “Katie Chin’s “Everyday Chinese Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes from My Mother’s Kitchen” by Chef Katie Chin.